FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

<<

Lizard

Post Fri May 11, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A joke, sore loser.. and nothing

adny1030 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:as far as laying facts and figures out to prove a point, it really wont help anything, if someone doesnt like a driver, nothing will change it, i can sit hear and harp on what JJ did for the last 10 years, but 95% of this site could really gives a horses hole, they will still dislike him for whatever reason, and nothing can change that.

personally i dont have anything against her, i do have a problem with ESPN or FOX shoving her down our throats when she has not done anything in nascar, at time her attitude rubs me the wrong way, but thats my hang up, and im aloud to feel that way, i think this topic can be revisited at the end of the year and the topic of whether she can drive in the NW series can be discussed.

Perfectly said!

Which brings me back to my agree to disagree :D
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm not so sure the blame belong 100% to ESPN. I found an article the other day (I didn't pay attention to where it was) that Brian France did all he could to put Danica in the lime light. He thought she was great for NASCAR and basiclly NASCAR needed her. He also is red hot for the diversity program they have and is pushing a black driver. I don't remember the driver's name but I do believe we'll hear more and more about it. I'm sure since he is #1 NASCAR we'll hear most everything he wants.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Already listened to Wallace [black driver] from JGR and sorry to say i already don't like him.Could give a rats a$$ about any of it,he or she can drive i could care less,but if he or she can't,they're taken up a good ride for someone who can regardless of their race or gender. The rest is all a bunch of b.s. because Nascar can't keep alot of the fans now and are grasping for anything they think will boost the ratings or sell tickets!
Want to boost ratings,start by getting rid of multi-car teams-no more than two per owner period! Put some of the "stock"back into the cars instead of these "IROC" cars and good lord get rid of the hollywood hotel and the Fox clowns! :mrgreen:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:28 am

wolfgang wrote:Already listened to Wallace [black driver] from JGR and sorry to say i already don't like him.Could give a rats a$$ about any of it,he or she can drive i could care less,but if he or she can't,they're taken up a good ride for someone who can regardless of their race or gender. The rest is all a bunch of b.s. because Nascar can't keep alot of the fans now and are grasping for anything they think will boost the ratings or sell tickets!
Want to boost ratings,start by getting rid of multi-car teams-no more than two per owner period! Put some of the "stock"back into the cars instead of these "IROC" cars and good lord get rid of the hollywood hotel and the Fox clowns! :mrgreen:

I've known Darrell Wallace Jr since 2006. He is a cocky kid. He got wins dqed from alot of banderlo and legends car races. But he is a great driver, and a great black one at that. And NASCAR desperately needs that if they are to be taken seriously. As a black fan/aspiring driver I want to see Darrell succeed and will cheer for him.

NASCAR needs Danica too. She is the first woman in this sport to be given a legit chance to succeed. NASCAR can't be the sport where white males dominate with one Tasmanian, one Columbian, and one U.S born Cuben sprinkled in. F1 broke the color barrier, IRL broke the gender barrier, NASCAR as the leaders of motorsports, needs to break both.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:20 am

wolfgang wrote:Already listened to Wallace [black driver] from JGR and sorry to say i already don't like him.Could give a rats a$$ about any of it,he or she can drive i could care less,but if he or she can't,they're taken up a good ride for someone who can regardless of their race or gender. The rest is all a bunch of b.s. because Nascar can't keep alot of the fans now and are grasping for anything they think will boost the ratings or sell tickets!

i know you and i talked about this and agreed on which era we liked, it will never happen, no matter how much we would like it to, for me nascar started tanking once fox took over in 2001, back in the day ESPN had great coverage, hands down, with bob jenkins, benny parsons, and ned jarret, hands down the best play by play team in all of motorsports. personally im tired of larry mac starting off a sentence with "yea i mean." use proper english, tired of DW and his voice going into girlie mode when he gets excited, mike joy, does nothing for me, just like the other two, he repeats himself beyond nausea. im bored with danica because she has an excuse when it comes to her poor performance, "im learning." she is going to bomb next year in cup and i hope tony enjoys replacing cars, its funny how she leaves AG, and as a team they are all off to a great start, and the dude that replaced her top 3 in points, i dont know nothing about this wallace kid except, i dont see color or gender when someone is driving, as far as breaking the barrier, wendell scott, he actually race when his life was threatened off the track, but because he wasnt made up by a pr firm like danica or this new kid, people tend to forget wendell, but real nascar fans know the deal.
<<

palino_s

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:54 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
i know you and i talked about this and agreed on which era we liked, it will never happen, no matter how much we would like it to, for me nascar started tanking once fox took over in 2001, back in the day ESPN had great coverage, hands down, with bob jenkins, benny parsons, and ned jarret, hands down the best play by play team in all of motorsports. personally im tired of larry mac starting off a sentence with "yea i mean." use proper english, tired of DW and his voice going into girlie mode when he gets excited, mike joy, does nothing for me, just like the other two, he repeats himself beyond nausea. im bored with danica because she has an excuse when it comes to her poor performance, "im learning." she is going to bomb next year in cup and i hope tony enjoys replacing cars, its funny how she leaves AG, and as a team they are all off to a great start, and the dude that replaced her top 3 in points, i dont know nothing about this wallace kid except, i dont see color or gender when someone is driving, as far as breaking the barrier, wendell scott, he actually race when his life was threatened off the track, but because he wasnt made up by a pr firm like danica or this new kid, people tend to forget wendell, but real nascar fans know the deal.

do you want a crying towel with that whine?
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Racism is certainly something America can do without,but it seems to have gone from one extreme to another over the years.The case of Wendell Scott,whether he loved racing that much or did it out of spite or both doesn't really matter,but i don't feel he gets the credit he so deserves being one of the pioneers of Nascar and credit to the sport.
Today race or gender isn't really an issue,but seems there is always someone or something making it that way.The NHRA has drivers of differant races and gender that have proven themselves time and time again,it doesn't appear to be an issue there. ;)
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:37 pm

wolfgang wrote:Racism is certainly something America can do without,but it seems to have gone from one extreme to another over the years.The case of Wendell Scott,whether he loved racing that much or did it out of spite or both doesn't really matter,but i don't feel he gets the credit he so deserves being one of the pioneers of Nascar and credit to the sport.
Today race or gender isn't really an issue,but seems there is always someone or something making it that way.The NHRA has drivers of differant races and gender that have proven themselves time and time again,it doesn't appear to be an issue there. ;)

Wendell Scott was nominated for the NASCAR hall of fame you know...
He used to not get the credit he deserves but he is finally getting.

NHRA is a different world. Drag racing honestly appeals to more ethnic groups then stock car racing. Genders too. Look a the Enders sisters they even had a Disney Channel original movie made after them (it's called Right on track)!
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Racism is certainly something America can do without,but it seems to have gone from one extreme to another over the years.The case of Wendell Scott,whether he loved racing that much or did it out of spite or both doesn't really matter,but i don't feel he gets the credit he so deserves being one of the pioneers of Nascar and credit to the sport.

NHRA is a different world. Drag racing honestly appeals to more ethnic groups then stock car racing. Genders too. Look a the Enders sisters they even had a Disney Channel original movie made after them (it's called Right on track)!

Wendell Scott was nominated but still he is not in and how many years did it take Nascar to give his family the trophy he won how many years back? The NHRA is not so differant than Nascar far as the fan base,however the drivers are and have been for decades.Nascar has become follow the leader and drag racing is still the same 1/4 mile but over 300mph and doesn't run four or five dragged out hours and that's why you see more fans in general than you now do in Nascar.
Last edited by wolfgang on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:05 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:

Wendell Scott was nominated but still he is not in and how many years did it take Nascar to give his family the trophy he won how many years back? The NHRA is not so differant than Nascar far as the fa
n base,however the drivers are and have been for decades.
No one nore then me is more upset with the injustice that Wendell Scott got I am black too. This country's two greatest sins are how african
amerficans were treated and how the natvie Americans were treated. NHRA has alwsys been more welcoming for some reason. NASCAR is a southern sport that all of a sudden got main stream. There isn't a good rrason why there is a black driver in the cup series. Its sad that were still looking for a Tiger Woods of NASCAR.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Nascar had a black driver [Lester] in the Truck Series a couple years ago,unfortunatey he drove for a low funded team and they lost the sponsor.Lester did ok,but it's hard to really see what a driver can do w/o the right equiptment.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:10 am

Bill Lester raced Trucks for Bobby Hamilton, Bill Davis and Billy Ballew. He had his only two cup starts for Bill Davis. None of those teams are around today. He just never got a shot. It was due to age really. He is doing well in grand am sports cars, he became the first black driver to win in grand am in the GT class.
RIP Dan Wheldon
Previous

Return to Danica