FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

not bad

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 pm

not bad

some people like to think i am only vocal when it comes to negative things, but i can also give credit where credit is due, she did ok today, 2 laps down and to have a clean car ( that i seen) after the race is a good accomplishment.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:07 am

Re: not bad

yeah a top 20 at bristol is a good finish for her. as the race went on she seemed pretty calm. She did good.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:40 am

Kept out of trouble, but needs to find a way to stay on the lead lap. One of her teammates, Cole Whitt finished 16th so it's not like the team is bringing out winning cars for her. She'll be around 10th at Auto Club.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:58 am

i dont think you can blame the cars for the team's performance, they are pretty much rookies and besides, even the best drivers dont run up top 10 every week, jr drove the same car from the same shop and finished top 5, its his experience, along with his car that got him that...... and to be 2 laps down after completing her first full race ( not counting the crash last yr) it was a good finish......
<<

TWINK1956

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:47 am

I'M A BIG #7 FAN! I REALLY THINK A WIN WILL HAPPEN THIS SEASON.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:45 am

michaeljohn wrote:some people like to think i am only vocal when it comes to negative things, but i can also give credit where credit is due, she did ok today, 2 laps down and to have a clean car ( that i seen) after the race is a good accomplishment.

MJ I knew you were a really nice guy. It takes guts to be the only Jimmie Johnson fan on a SHR forum. :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:56 pm

thanks A, im really not a bad guy, i will be the first to admit i can be abrasive, but there is no hatred behind those words, i came here as a ryan fan in 09, still a ryan fan, im just the type of guy that likes to think outside the box and come up with the most off the wall scenario, and when i like or support something, i am just as hard with them then i would be with something i disliked, the JJ forum i belong to, i give the 48 team a hard time, if something happens i dont agree with, my issue with the the ryan thing is the CC, i cant understand why tony replaces his, but the tuna gets to stay, then part of me gets bothered because i dunno if ryan is speaking up, because he is a quiet person, i was a fan of danica's and you can see in older posts how i supported her, but recently i have been turned off, some here think she can crap gold, and that isnt the case, in nascar, she is a rookie, what she did in irl means nothing here and now, i do feel if tony was to pick between danica and ryan, he would choose danica, because she is good at commercials and moving merch, now if her fans feel that is condescending to her, they will have to get over it, heck yes it be cool if she succeeds, but let her prove herself before she is proclaimed queen of nascar.
<<

palino_s

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:32 am

michaeljohn wrote:i do feel if tony was to pick between danica and ryan

What? Tony wants 3 entries for next year..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 pm

First off-- as said before--There are NO definate plans for Danica to go FT Cup next yr as she has even said so much as a "we'll see how this yr goes"? Just because Tony keeps saying it, thats just his wishfull thinking looking at all the Godaddy $$$'s-he thinks/hopes he will be getting in 2013 ?

Also--the most surprising comment came from Bob Parsons, founder and still CEO of Godaddy in an interview earlier in the yr. When asked about Danica going FT in Cup in 2013 he simply made a strange comment "we'll see if we have the money available" he commented? Bob and Godaddy are both worth Billions so its not or hasnt been about money but tells me things may be changing between Danica and Godaddy much as we hear how good she is for them. While Parsons says hes behind her no matter what, he still answers to the Board of Directors of the Co.s that bought Godaddy and if they all want a change, there will be one. Course Parsons has Billions so he could still use his own $$ to support Danica--we'll see?

Here's the deal--Its one thing to throw $8-$10 mill or so in Indycar every yr for Danica and now around $15 mill for NNS and another $8 to $10 mill for PT Cup this yr on top of that, but a different story for dishing out around $50 mill for Ft Cup next yr for her?? Since Godaddy was sold, even though Parsons is till CEO in charge, the other shareholders, partners etc commented in an article I read last yr that Daqnica wouldnt be affected at the time, but mentioning maybe going in a different direction in Commericals and promotion rather then the sexy suggestive adds, as while they work well in this and some other countrys, there are those who are offended by them. This may be a factor starting next yr backing off those types of commercials/promotions etc with Danica. Remember--nothing last forever. Most drivers dont have FT primary sponsors as most have several supporting them and Danica may or may not end up like those others as well if she continues in Nascar next yr? This is where her being competitive or not may hurt her in the future, as while Godaddy has said she doesnt have to win, that may not hold true if other sponsors are needed/required? 8-)

Also yes--she did Ok surviving Bristol, but she needs to stay on the lead lap tough as it is, but she knows that>
<<

futura64

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:30 pm

You are correct R-1, there indeed ARE other stockholders to answer to now, since the sale. But, keep this in mind, Bob remains THE SINGLE LARGEST SHAREHOLDER.
BudmaninTx
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 pm

racer1 wrote:First off-- as said before--There are NO definate plans for Danica to go FT Cup next yr as she has even said so much as a "we'll see how this yr goes"? Just because Tony keeps saying it, thats just his wishfull thinking looking at all the Godaddy $$$'s-he thinks/hopes he will be getting in 2013 ?

Also--the most surprising comment came from Bob Parsons, founder and still CEO of Godaddy in an interview earlier in the yr. When asked about Danica going FT in Cup in 2013 he simply made a strange comment "we'll see if we have the money available" he commented? Bob and Godaddy are both worth Billions so its not or hasnt been about money but tells me things may be changing between Danica and Godaddy much as we hear how good she is for them. While Parsons says hes behind her no matter what, he still answers to the Board of Directors of the Co.s that bought Godaddy and if they all want a change, there will be one. Course Parsons has Billions so he could still use his own $$ to support Danica--we'll see?

Here's the deal--Its one thing to throw $8-$10 mill or so in Indycar every yr for Danica and now around $15 mill for NNS and another $8 to $10 mill for PT Cup this yr on top of that, but a different story for dishing out around $50 mill for Ft Cup next yr for her?? Since Godaddy was sold, even though Parsons is till CEO in charge, the other shareholders, partners etc commented in an article I read last yr that Daqnica wouldnt be affected at the time, but mentioning maybe going in a different direction in Commericals and promotion rather then the sexy suggestive adds, as while they work well in this and some other countrys, there are those who are offended by them. This may be a factor starting next yr backing off those types of commercials/promotions etc with Danica. Remember--nothing last forever. Most drivers dont have FT primary sponsors as most have several supporting them and Danica may or may not end up like those others as well if she continues in Nascar next yr? This is where her being competitive or not may hurt her in the future, as while Godaddy has said she doesnt have to win, that may not hold true if other sponsors are needed/required? 8-)

Also yes--she did Ok surviving Bristol, but she needs to stay on the lead lap tough as it is, but she knows that>

First of you must read between the lines. If Tony Stewart the car owner feels like she will be full time in Cup in 2013, then she will be. Godaddy wants her cup don't you think? They want her in the series that would get them the most exposure that is the Cup series. The whole reason she made the jump from a cushy IRL ride where she was at least somewhat of a factor to NASCAR was that so she could race in the Cup series.

Where the #### did you get the thought that sponsors spend $50 million on Cup sponsorship? Unless your saying nw and Cup sponsorship all together. Dale Earnhardt Jr probably gets the most sponsorship dollars and in total he gets $30 million dollars so your about $20 million off.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Jrs Cup ride only costing $ 30 mill---not really what I heard. Many hosts and anylists on Nascar news shows over time have commented that if/when Danica goes Ft in cup it could cost Godaddy $50 million for everything and why I mentioned it and not just one of them, but several. Whether it does include NNS also is up for debate, but Kelley Earnhart recently commented she doesnt want another PT ride in NNS and I seriously doubt Danica could handle a FT double schedule. I agree $50 mill sounds rediculous but maybe they are counting on Danica making $20 mill of that, like reportedly JR made last yr?

OH well it doesnt matter untill it happens and it will be up to Godaddy or maybe it will require some additional one race sponsors like so many other drivers have and even Danica had with Tissot and Hot wheels etc last PT seasons? Course if the Danica commercials quit working for increased Godaddy sales then it will be time for discussion regarding Godaddy spending money on her.

Remember one stupid thing--Goddady wanted Danica in a higher rated more popular arena like Nascar to sell their product, but they still are staying with Indycar and Andretti so that doesnt make sense to most people. If they wanted Danica out of Indycar, why stay with a low rated series and team? Who knows--other then they have so much money they just want to throw it around and see "what sticks" as mentioned maybe trying something new eventually?? Oh well--worst case scenario Godaddy backs way off, but i doubt it will be too hard to find sponsors to fund the only female in the Cup series--IF she ends up there FT that is? 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Well you better tell Tony that. Because according to Tony, when asked if Danica is going to race full time, next year. he didnt beat around the bush at all. His answer was "yes, She is going to run the full season in cup in 2013" There was no lets see how it goes, type answser. BTW GoDaddy is like Red Bull. They can do whatever they want in however many sports as they want. It wont make a dent in them. But to go along, lets say GoDaddy decided they wouldnt want to sponsor her or not entirely. Danica would have sponsors lining up to sponsor her. Dont think Tony would be to concerned in that aspect. So. Just so you know. Danica "will" be racing Cup full time next year. One thing I know in nascar is no matter how certain an owner is of something, they never say "will" unless they have a contract saying so.
Glad we cleared that up 8-)
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Ok--with all this little discussion lets say Danica does go FT in Cup next yr but--does anyone actually believe that is a wise choice given her experience level and poor finishes even now with 30 races ran??? she's ran our home track here in Phx many times now and isnt geting any better and thats just one track and my cause for my concern that with some tracks she just cant get IT?

I realise big $$$$'s are pushing this deal and not much common sense caring about whats good or bad for Danica in all this and could destroy her brand and her image quickly. I would hope Danica would be smart enough in the end not to put herself in a bad situation where she is nothing more then a backmarker and cant ever qualify on her own in Cup as earlier Indy drivers have experienced as we know all too well. Dont even mention another point buying scheme by SHR as that sucks. Danica by all debates is a competitor and hates NOT doing well, and jumping into Cup and possibly being a failure at it is something i hope she can deal with if she cant see that far ahead to think seriously about this move?

The only small hope Ive heard mentioned somewhere before, is that on rare occasions drivers who didnt do well n NNS have done fairly well once in Cup due to higher horsepower and more speed and better handling cars, so we can only hope at this point that benefits her? Unless she shows marked improvment by the end of this yr in NNS or her PT Cup races, it doesnt look good, but lots of time till then to figure it out--hopefully? 8-)
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 pm

No one says she is ready for Cup. It isn't our choice, it's her, her car owner's and sponsors. I don't think she is ready for Cup, but it is what it is. She could be a better Cup driver than a nationwide driver. But either way she has to follow the dollars. And her boss.
RIP Dan Wheldon
Next

Return to Danica