All things Danica
Post a reply

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 am

Be patient racer. She'll get there. It just takes some time. She will be competitive quicker than most. Trust me on this.

The girl is a racer. She's the real deal. Here's a bonus for ya. 2010 at TMS. She had a good run, passed Briscoe on his last out-lap. 75,000 went to their feet at once. I know, I was in that crowd. 'Twas amazing. Alas, at the end she just didn't have anything for Briscoe, but it sure was fun being there.

Here ya go, click here -----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLgOWrlWAZo
Last edited by futura64 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:29 am

It is true Ganassi and Penske pretty much own the IRL. They will all the races, most of the time its Ganassi 1-2 Penske 1-2 or they all finish 1-4th.

At the same time Andretti Autosport was right up there with Ganassi and Penske. But they dropped into their own tier. Danica did what basically all her teammates (except for when Kanaan) was her teammate. While she was at Auto Andertti Marco Andertti won once, Mike Conway once (a fluke win), Ryan Huntereay twicem abd Hiekki Mutoh didn't win at all. She wasn't a championship contender season in or season out, but wasn't by any means a midpacker. She was a 5th to 8th place driver. Which is more than any other woman has done.

This is what I predict: She will probably have two top fives, and eight top tens and finish tenth in nationwide points. She runs for rookie of the year in Cup in 2013 earn no top fives, like four top tens, and finishes 25th in points. After that she becomes a respectable cup driver and I bet even wins a race in Cup by season three or four.

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:49 pm

futura64 wrote:Let me ask you something Lizard. When did Anna Kornakova ever play mens' professional tennis. Danica doesn't race in the Ladies Nascar Series. I get mighty weary of that lame-assed analogy all the haters have been using ever since that moron of a writer at ESPN used it several years ago.

A lot of people are still calling it the IRL. I thought you meant your friend who follows it was still calling it the IRL.

I agree, she is the best thing to come along in racing for quite a while. She has a huge fan base that is following her to Nascar. It is good for racing all the way down to the local track level. In 55 years of hanging around short tracks around here, never have I seen so many females breaking into the sport. It's really cool. Her influence is obviously quite pervasive.

Of those 13 wins, one of Hunter-Ray's, Two of Kanaan's, one of Marco's and one of Conway's, along with her's were at Andretti. But compared to Ganassi and Penske, Andretti has clearly been a second tier team. I'm not quite sure I see your point.


I do follow Indy car, not to the level of my friend because I cannot follow everything I like to the level I wish. Anyway, I give because frankly it doesn't matter and I will just ignore my Indy racing friends when they comment on Danica in NASCAR.

I have my opinions of Danica's racing career and attitude that have been formed over many years not just from NASCAR.

Look those that love Danica win, lose or pose in a bikini will back her forever. Those that hate Danica will hate her win, lose or pose in a bikini. Those of us who want her to succeed because for her to fail will have impact on future women being given the opportunity also have concerns that she might not have the talent to do so will still be sitting on the fence until she wins, loses, or poses in a bikini.

OK, sorry for the bikini reference just think that keeps her from being taken seriously to a certain extent.

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Lizard wrote:
futura64 wrote:Let me ask you something Lizard. When did Anna Kornakova ever play mens' professional tennis. Danica doesn't race in the Ladies Nascar Series. I get mighty weary of that lame-assed analogy all the haters have been using ever since that moron of a writer at ESPN used it several years ago.

A lot of people are still calling it the IRL. I thought you meant your friend who follows it was still calling it the IRL.

I agree, she is the best thing to come along in racing for quite a while. She has a huge fan base that is following her to Nascar. It is good for racing all the way down to the local track level. In 55 years of hanging around short tracks around here, never have I seen so many females breaking into the sport. It's really cool. Her influence is obviously quite pervasive.

Of those 13 wins, one of Hunter-Ray's, Two of Kanaan's, one of Marco's and one of Conway's, along with her's were at Andretti. But compared to Ganassi and Penske, Andretti has clearly been a second tier team. I'm not quite sure I see your point.


I do follow Indy car, not to the level of my friend because I cannot follow everything I like to the level I wish. Anyway, I give because frankly it doesn't matter and I will just ignore my Indy racing friends when they comment on Danica in NASCAR.

I have my opinions of Danica's racing career and attitude that have been formed over many years not just from NASCAR.

Look those that love Danica win, lose or pose in a bikini will back her forever. Those that hate Danica will hate her win, lose or pose in a bikini. Those of us who want her to succeed because for her to fail will have impact on future women being given the opportunity also have concerns that she might not have the talent to do so will still be sitting on the fence until she wins, loses, or poses in a bikini.

OK, sorry for the bikini reference just think that keeps her from being taken seriously to a certain extent.

I dont think the haters, hate seeing her in a bikini. Think there point is, just because she looks good in one, doesnt mean she is that talented. Very well could be uglier women that are more talented. If true, Danica could be hurting women in this sport. (unless they are good looking)
Just playing a little devils advocate :twisted:

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:16 pm

she'll stick w/ it, get better, and improve...and like all drivers, have good days and bad days. There are a million variables on the track (besides the other 42 driving variables)

I wouldn't be surprised if she wins a race this year....she's a smart driver and very coachable from the pit box.

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Sure thing Schmoop, and this guy is a total no-talent bafoon who only got where he is because he looks good. I'm sure you'll totally agree with that statement. Right?

edwards [640x480].jpg
edwards [640x480].jpg (51.66 KiB) Viewed 756 times

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:33 pm

futura64 wrote:Sure thing Schmoop, and this guy is a total no-talent bafoon who only got where he is because he looks good. I'm sure you'll totally agree with that statement. Right?

edwards [640x480].jpg

well I am sure not to many guys want to see him in a bathing suit. :mrgreen: He got popular through his driving. So if models get mad at him for useing his fame to do some photoshoots I would understand. he was a championship contender before any typical fans even knew he worked out.
I never knew how dreamy :mrgreen: he was until he was on a cover of a fitness magazine. Which was well after everyone knew who he was. I always heard before the fitness thing, he looked like Mr. Ed, not that he was good looking.

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:50 pm

I was just turning your identical logic back at you. Danica was an accomplished race car driver long before she ever posed in a bathing suit. Besides, what the #### has the ability to look good in a posed pic have the slightest thing to do with one's ability to drive a race car? It simply doesn't, now does it?

I admit she has very cleverly carved a very unique niche for herself in American racing circles. But, she never could have pulled it off without possessing the talent to back it up. I for one, congratulate her for that. Those who condemn her for it are jealous fools who, if you press them, consistantly are unable to sustain a rational argument to explain their dislike for her. I know this because I've encountered plenty of them!

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 pm

OH PLEASE, YOU TWO!!!! REALLY!! THIS IS A RACING FORUM NOT A BEAUTY BLOG.

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:14 pm

futura64 wrote:I was just turning your identical logic back at you. Danica was an accomplished race car driver long before she ever posed in a bathing suit. Besides, what the #### has the ability to look good in a posed pic have the slightest thing to do with one's ability to drive a race car? It simply doesn't, now does it?

I admit she has very cleverly carved a very unique niche for herself in American racing circles. But, she never could have pulled it off without possessing the talent to back it up. I for one, congratulate her for that. Those who condemn her for it are jealous fools who, if you press them, consistantly are unable to sustain a rational argument to explain their dislike for her. I know this because I've encountered plenty of them!

I know. I am having fun.
A big deal is made of her because she is a woman. Fact is she has to have some talent or she wouldnt have the cars up to speed. I think the backlash she gets, is because of the media. If she did her photoshoots & what not & the media made a big deal because she is a female driver. That would be fine. But the fact that other female drivers dont get any attention (for being a female driver) because they dont look as good in a bathing suit, is why I think a lot of the backlash comes from. If the media is gonnna make a big deal about female drivers, then it should stay plural. I mean when I saw the Indy cars & I saw Duno over there practicing at caution light speeds, you have to tell yourself. She doesnt belong in that high of a claiber series. We dont say that about danica.
However when other female drivers prove they can handle the higher caliber series, we hear about Danica (usually with a split screen of her in a bathing suit, LOL J/K) Last year when I paid some attention to the Indy series, it seemed to be more common for a lot (not all) opinions to be that Simona was better (or was going to be) just not in as good of equipment. But we never heard about her like we did Danica until she got burned. See a lot of the same things here in stock cars now. Did you hear Danica is the face of Nascar now! & she hadnt even driven in a cup race yet (at that time)
The media is what drums up the hatred for her. & the hatred is what drums up even more popularity for her, & the media wins all the way around.
Bottom line though which cant be denied by Danica fans, Danica backers, Danica haters or whoever else not mentioned. Danica has more doors opened to her than other female drivers, due to her looks. That is where the cry of she hasnt deserved it comes from. In fact she hadnt deserved it more than say a few other women drivers, but once the door is opened, it is her talent that has to answer. So as long as she is in whatever series she is racing in, she belongs there.
So I am not a Danica basher or a Danica fan that listens to the media. Fact is the media over exaggerates her abilites, causing the bashers to over exaggerate her inabilites.
I like to have fun with both sides of the crazy people. :mrgreen:

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:41 pm

Annalee wrote:OH PLEASE, YOU TWO!!!! REALLY!! THIS IS A RACING FORUM NOT A BEAUTY BLOG.


Sorry my fault actually.

Re: Some inspiring words (to/from Danica)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:00 pm

futura64 wrote:I was just turning your identical logic back at you. Danica was an accomplished race car driver long before she ever posed in a bathing suit. Besides, what the #### has the ability to look good in a posed pic have the slightest thing to do with one's ability to drive a race car? It simply doesn't, now does it?

I admit she has very cleverly carved a very unique niche for herself in American racing circles. But, she never could have pulled it off without possessing the talent to back it up. I for one, congratulate her for that. Those who condemn her for it are jealous fools who, if you press them, consistantly are unable to sustain a rational argument to explain their dislike for her. I know this because I've encountered plenty of them!


Actually don't have a problem with her posing in bikinis. What I do have a problem with is her attitude when they refer to her as sexy, if you pose that way and use it to market yourself own it otherwise it's that attitude that has annoyed me for the last 7 years that comes out and makes me want to smack her. FYI there are times I have wanted to smack Smoke upside the head for his attitude as well.
Post a reply