FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica PHX Practice

<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Danica PHX Practice

Danica ran 23rd in practice. She ran 39 of some 48 laps. Her top speed was 129.912...and dang, that's fast! LOL

Turns out, at the start of practice, Danica went up with a few guys and just watched a few laps run before she got out. Apparently the #7 Team is wanting her to get used to changing track conditions... in a NW COT. She also needs to piggyback that with Cup Racing too.

All in all, she did good. :-) Was upbeat and gave a good interview. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

racer1

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Danica PHX Practice

Well, Danica wil always struggle on short tracks as having to shift, clutch, brake etc is a different type of racing then a speedway like Daytona where they keep it flat. She did well in Indycars on those short track ovals as they keep it flat pretty much long as their setup is good. Short track racing is where stock cars are soo different from what shes known as Tony S has even said and why he put so many of them on her PT cup schedule. Whether she ever gets good at it time will tell, but the race is much different then practice so we'll see tommorrow. Hopefully she wont crash again?

Even her young rookie teammate has alot more experience having been in the truck series running these tracks.

It doesnt really matter, as she has everything anyway and she doesnt need Nascar as this is simply a new challenge to have fun with.. She has said long ago, she has the best races when she is having fun, so when it stops being fun for her, I'd guess it would be over?? 8-)
<<

jamo14

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:02 pm

I wouldn't say she has everything.....
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

racer1

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:50 am

"I wouldn't say she has everything..."

Then you no nothing about her apparently.

Important things:
She has a great husband/family and friends around her.
She is doing what she loves, VERY important
She and her family have financial security
She has a sponsor worth billions who will follow her anywhere.
She is apparently in good health

Secondary important things:
She is hugely popular and has tons of fans
She is with good teams in Nascar
She has a powerfull group of people behind her
She has a sponsor worth Billions who will follow her anywhere
She is having fun--so far anyway?

I dont know what you consider everything but most people NEVER achieve their dream or even come close--Danica has and then some.
The ONLY thing she hasnt achieved she dreamed about is winning the indy 500 race, but she is still young enough and even if she doesnt, she will tell you she still has achieved more then she ever imagined and thats better then most--hence-- She has everything and the majority of people unfortunately cant say that. Few ever really achieve their dreams like Danica and thats a fact--Have you??? 8-)
<<

jamo14

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:46 pm

I know more than you think you know......
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:26 pm

jam dont bother, this person fights with everyone who disagrees, she may have everything accept the skills to win a race in nascar, and if she cant win in the NW series, she doesnt deserve to be in sprint cup.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:00 pm

racer1 wrote:Well, Danica wil always struggle on short tracks as having to shift, clutch, brake etc is a different type of racing then a speedway like Daytona where they keep it flat. She did well in Indycars on those short track ovals as they keep it flat pretty much long as their setup is good. Short track racing is where stock cars are soo different from what shes known as Tony S has even said and why he put so many of them on her PT cup schedule. Whether she ever gets good at it time will tell, but the race is much different then practice so we'll see tommorrow. Hopefully she wont crash again?

Even her young rookie teammate has alot more experience having been in the truck series running these tracks.

It doesnt really matter, as she has everything anyway and she doesnt need Nascar as this is simply a new challenge to have fun with.. She has said long ago, she has the best races when she is having fun, so when it stops being fun for her, I'd guess it would be over?? 8-)

Well 1st off it is considered a short track if it is under a mile. o Phoenix really isnt a short track. Whic really doesnt matter though. After cars get up to speed they do not shift on short tracks, but they do use brakes & throttle, which you are correct is a completely different animal from what she is used too. & without turning this into the Rikki Lake show, she doesnt have everything ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:32 pm

racer1 wrote:"I wouldn't say she has everything..."

Then you no nothing about her apparently. You're right Racer... none of us has the capability to look up facts on the internet for ourselves... we just wait around until you descend to our mortal level and enlighten us....as to whether our opinions are right or wrong, according to "The Book Of Racer - Newbie to NASCAR"

Important things:
She has a great husband/family and friends around her.
How do you or I or anyone know that? I know loving couples that go home and abuse each other verbally and physically. Friends of popular people often can get poison in their hearts and turn into a vile person with a facebook account

She is doing what she loves, VERY important
Again, I ask... how do you know? MAYBE she painted herself into this corner and now can't get out... to go ride horses on the beach, sit at home and needlepoint... join that cooking class....

She and her family have financial security
Unless you hold gold bullion... there is no such thing. Fortunes can come and go over-night. Seen it happen quite a bit.

She has a sponsor worth billions who will follow her anywhere.
Seriously? Billions? Seriously? GoDaddy has "billions" of dollars & followers? McDonalds may want to get in on this action.

She is apparently in good health
And you know this because her personal physician checks in with you, right? She could have a host of physical problems we know nothing about... as women tend to keep those PERSONAL things personal.

WHAT DANICA DOES NOT POSSESS
1. That green sock I lost in the wash, 2 years ago
2. Prez Obama's real birth cert. or Rush Limbaughs pill supply
3. The answer to Global Warming or alternative fuels
4. Michael Jackson's sequined glove
5. The knowledge of who shot JFK?
6. The whereabouts of the Bigfoot ( and those guys who tease him with beef jerky )
7. The location of where Jimmie Hoffa is buried
8. The answers to Global war & friction
9. The political skills to make ANY gas affordable again
10. She MIGHT have my car keys tho... looked everywhere for those dang things....

Need I go on? ;-)

Think before you type and press submit ;-)

p.s. Hope you get well soon :-) ( Beetle fans will get this reference.... )

Last edited by smokieonefour on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:40 pm

well she is danica, and only she can be loved by family, friends and a lover, us regular people will never have that.
I miss you Frehley........

Return to Danica