FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica has a new fan

<<

Mrs B

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:24 am

Danica has a new fan

You know I am not a fan of most of Danica's ads. My husband does not care for the ads either. Both of us are interested in seeing how she does as a driver this year.

Who she has gained as fan is our daughter, who pays no attention to marketing yet...thank goodness. When asked why she likes Danica. The response was...well look at her, she is woman in a man's sport. I like that.

When I brought up the name Jennifer Jo Cobb, she said...who? So name recognition has something to do with it as well.
There are two ways of doing things...the wrong way and my way.

What, don't want to do it my way, there is a fine for that.
<<

futura64

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Danica has a new fan

Good to hear you have an independent thinker in your house. :)
BudmaninTx
<<

muskrat3

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 pm

I have waited to see how she would handle a cup car in an actual race, well after the deul, I am a fan. yes she was wrecked, caught up in something that wasn't her fault, but she handled it like a true professional.
As for all the haters who down her for her use of her sex appeal, REALY how fans go on and on about how sexy Dale jr, and Tony are? Is it really that bad that she is an attractive women in a male sport and she has used her attributes to market herself?
I intend to attempt to keep up with Cobb in the truck series.
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

Lizard

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:17 pm

muskrat3 wrote:I have waited to see how she would handle a cup car in an actual race, well after the deul, I am a fan. yes she was wrecked, caught up in something that wasn't her fault, but she handled it like a true professional.
As for all the haters who down her for her use of her sex appeal, REALY how fans go on and on about how sexy Dale jr, and Tony are? Is it really that bad that she is an attractive women in a male sport and she has used her attributes to market herself?
I intend to attempt to keep up with Cobb in the truck series.

I have to say I do not like her marketing, but how is it different from Carl Edwards being shirtless on the cover of a mag or Denny being shirtless in a commercial.

Danica is growing on me and I am hoping that the other female Johanna Long has a good race today as well.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 pm

When Danica first became public I wasn't real immpressed with her commercials etc. But I've had to ask myself who am I to complain what she does. I have a feeling she laughs all the way to the bank so good for her. I know back when Indy had some well known female drivers I was thrilled just to keep up with how they were doing with the careers. Talk about paying some dues with the men Danica has done some of that just this very week. A couple of crashes and to smooth those out a pole. A driver can have alot handed to them but once your on the track the driver is "it." It's time to show the world what you can do. I think she has done quite well on her NASCAR start.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to Danica