FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

30th

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 20, 2012 6:03 pm

30th

guess it wasnt a good day, blown tire hit the wall, i guess they are saying the beads melted on the tire,
the other notable rookies, travis finished 26th, Jo 22nd, and Cole finished 7th.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: 30th

Do you know where she had been running before the blown tire?
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:15 pm

she was running near the top ten most of the day, i dunno the position she was at when crashed, started 9th.
<<

Lizard

Post Mon May 21, 2012 9:26 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Do you know where she had been running before the blown tire?

I think she was running 15th but had already gone a lap down. Not sure since I pretty much slept through the race.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

funblvble

Post Mon May 21, 2012 9:51 pm

She had gone a lap down (16th) and received the lucky dog on the caution. The crew took a big swing at the car because the second half of the run the handling went away and she dropped a lot of positions after running in the top 10 for the first half of the run. After the caution she had driven from the back of the field and had just caught the other lead lap cars when the tire blew (15th or 16th).

Tony Jr. said they most likely melted the bead from brake heat...they had been having a problem with the brakes being too cool so they taped them off during the pit stop (along with a bunch of other adjustments to the car). Danica indicated she didn't turn the brake fans on during the run after the pit stop because they had the problem of them being too cool in the previous run so she learned she needed to put the fans back on until the chattering starts.

Up until the blown tire she was having the best short-track weekend she has had between practice, qualifying, and the early part of the race. The second part of the first run wasn't good as she lost a bunch of positions but she looked good in the first half of the run and in the second run before the tire blew she passed a lot of cars to get back in the hunt with the lead lap cars.

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. set a pretty fast pace and was definitely the class of the entire field.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:02 pm

so it doesnt sound like she was doing bad, when the tire blew.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 pm

She started the race tenth, and moved up to ninth early. Then her car started to go away and she dropped to 15th The first 70 laps of that race was all green and she got lapped. She got the free pass after Jeff Green cut a tire. She proceeded to move up through the field and got back up into the top 15. Then her tire blew.

She should take a lot away from this weekend. She was fairly competitive the whole weekend at a track that is pretty much a short track. If she hadn't cut a tire, she would have probably ended up with a top ten. She'll do great this weekend.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

Post Wed May 23, 2012 5:25 am

funblvble wrote:She had gone a lap down (16th) and received the lucky dog on the caution. The crew took a big swing at the car because the second half of the run the handling went away and she dropped a lot of positions after running in the top 10 for the first half of the run. After the caution she had driven from the back of the field and had just caught the other lead lap cars when the tire blew (15th or 16th).

Tony Jr. said they most likely melted the bead from brake heat...they had been having a problem with the brakes being too cool so they taped them off during the pit stop (along with a bunch of other adjustments to the car). Danica indicated she didn't turn the brake fans on during the run after the pit stop because they had the problem of them being too cool in the previous run so she learned she needed to put the fans back on until the chattering starts.

Up until the blown tire she was having the best short-track weekend she has had between practice, qualifying, and the early part of the race. The second part of the first run wasn't good as she lost a bunch of positions but she looked good in the first half of the run and in the second run before the tire blew she passed a lot of cars to get back in the hunt with the lead lap cars.

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. set a pretty fast pace and was definitely the class of the entire field.

They tape up the brake ducts..

She was one second behind Cole, when the tire blew.
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42

Return to Danica